10 UX Design Trends That Will Redefine Mobile Applications in 2018
Planning to develop a new app? Time to keep up with the latest mobile app UX design trends since the mobile app development market is dynamic and ever-evolving. To ensure that you stay ahead of the competition, know the features that UX designers and users now prefer. With the rising competition, dearth of time and increasing usage of smart devices, users are looking for convenient and time-saving features that offer great flexibility and ease of access.
Here are the latest mobile app UX design trends that are sure to enhance the user experience.
2018 UX Design Trends
- Bright Primary Colors: The latest mobile applications focus on creating an intuitive and neat interface. Users prefer the use a decluttered intuitive interface over the one that features high-end graphics and animated elements.
- Customizable Interface: Users love the fact that the application developers now provide a choice between light and dark theme on the applications. We have seen that popular applications like Spotify are focusing on the development of customizable interface. Developers are targeting a wide demographic that consists of people ranging from 8 to 80-year-old, by keeping the interface open-ended for the customer.
- Accessible Connectivity: Application developers have focused on making the connectivity feature on their application more accessible in 2017. This has proved to be one of the fundamental requirements of modern-day mobile app design. The exponential growth spurt in the use of IoT (Internet of Things) asks for an easier way to connect devices with each other. Developers are making sure that the UI and UX design stage provides easy access to all the connectivity options that are offered with the application.
- Payment Gateways: The focus in mobile apps is now shifting to incorporating online payment gateways into the source code of the application. These payment gateways can be easily linked to a mobile application source code using readymade plugins on the development platform. This is one of the rapidly emerging mobile design trends in 2018 and is here to stay.
- Cloud Storage Service: It is only right to say that cloud storage is the future of data storage on every smart device. With easy access from anywhere and hassle-free syncing feature, cloud solutions are the hot favorite for developers and users alike. Installation of a fast cloud storage service on the application allows the developers to shrink the application’s footprint on the host device. It also allows the customers to install the application in a small time-frame and give them an access to a wide range of features over a fast internet connection.
- Tailor-made Cinemagraphs: While imagery is certainly a rising trend, developers are finding fresh and innovative ideas to incorporate images in the design. Cinemagraph (a combination of high-resolution photographs and videos) is one such way that has gained prominence. Incorporating them helps to bring an emotive effect and is attention-grabbing too.
- Artificial Intelligence, Gesture and Voice Control: Users can now interact with applications using voice commands in a completely hands-free manner thanks to the rise of the Siri and Google Now voice assistants. As a developer, you cannot help but consider this as a mobile app design trend that will put your application ahead of its competition.
- Animations: Animations are now a vital part of the UX design especially for mobile apps. Millions of users engage in numerous interactions on mobile devices every time an app is used. Thoughtfully created animations are a way forward to improve and perk up digital experiences and boost online interactions. Latest applications even allow customization i.e. the users can now modify, turn the animations off and on as per their preference.
- AR/VR Compatibility: An augmented and virtual reality ready application will have an edge over the current generation of applications. Developers, especially the ones who are developing media and gaming applications, are readily incorporating AR/VR compatibility into the application interface.
- In-App Security: Smartphones in 2017 have adopted new methods of cybersecurity. However, a few applications need an additional layer of security. Developers are considering the use of innate mobile security features like fingerprint or iris scanner as a UX design trend to add an additional lock on the application.
While no one can predict future, looking at what’s trending is the best way to plan for greater reach and acceptance. If having a mobile app in 2018 is on your mind, do not overlook the above trends which clearly focus on simplifying and streamlining the experience of users. Wish to create a lasting impression on the minds of your users? Make apps with the latest tools and techniques. Contact us and we will assist you to convert your idea into a successful reality.
William B. Young
Subscribe For Updates
- Beware of these Mobile App Security Issues during Mobile app development
- Infojini Consulting will see you in New Jersey on Oct 22 for ProcureCon Pharma 2018 Event
- Infojini Consulting will Head to Austin, Texas to the NMSDC Conference in October 2018
- Infojini Consulting will be present at the ClubVMSA’s Supplier Summit in New York
- Importance of Website Development & Design Services for Preschools