Increasing Trends of Mobile Use V/S Desktop Use
Mobile phones have become the first choice for accessing the internet for millions of people. According to a survey, the number of smartphone users is set to cross the two billion mark by 2017. Online shopping statistics from e-retailers tell us that smartphones are driving their web-traffic like never before, and app-based shopping trends are picking up steadily. Businesses are keen on optimizing their web page design to work effectively on the desktop as well as any mobile browser.
The Reason behind Surge in Growth of Smartphone Internet Users
- Smartphones allow you to access emails, social media, shopping websites, and gaming apps anywhere and anytime of the day
- Smartphones have integrated with everyday requirements such as commuting, bill payments, and scheduling. It is natural that we use them for other functions as well
- Mobile companies have successfully launched high-end smartphones and tablets with a variety of features at extremely reduced prices. People who were deprived of the benefits of the internet because of the unaffordability of PCs, laptop and desktop have now joined the internet users club, courtesy mobile phones
Of course, this surge in mobile use does not mean the absolute end of the desktop and laptop era. These devices are here to say because when you want to create a website, and work on Android app development, you do need bigger high resolution screen and high-end functionalities (though that might change soon, as developers predict).
So What Should E-commerce And Marketing Specialists do?
An increasing number of web design companies advise their clients to go for responsive web design that adjusts itself according to the device that is being used to access it. These responsive websites can detect the nature of the gadget/device, estimate the specifications of the screen and resolution, and quickly optimize the website specifications to work perfectly on the mobile/tablet/desktop browser.
This option is more economical than developing a separate website for mobile or tab browsers because working on two different websites of different format can be little difficult. Imagine the content and graphics will also have to optimize according to the format and the traffic would be split and ranking would suffer.
Should You Make An App Right Away?
Yes, apps are economically viable and are a great option to host your website or a bunch of features of it on a smartphone platform. Apps are hosted on central servers from which data is retrieved by the user’s phone app. They can be assembled like a widget in case of basic apps or you can contract the services of a specialized developer for Android app development for your new web launch. Almost all the internet based merchants and gaming websites have an app version of their basic services. Apps can be offered free of cost and use the internet data of the user provided by the telecom operator.
Web design companies have expanded their portfolios to offer app-based web services to their clients because they know where the traffic is coming from and the future trend is certainly headed in that direction.
You may also like
Subscribe For Updates
- The Inspiring Story of Rebecca Merrit – From Personal Assistant to Salesforce Professional
- 4 Innovative Strategies to Hire Top Emerging Tech Talent in 2020!
- How Nurses Can Stay Healthy During Night Shifts – 4 Expert Tips
- 4 Ways to Make Your Hiring Practices Disability-Friendly!
- How Total Talent Management Can Impart Agility & Scalability to Your Firm?
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016