Alumni Connect is a mobile solution to streamline and promote alumni engagement activities, thereby leveraging the power of alumni relationships.The customized enterprise mobile app solution for Android and iOS will help the college/University organize successful reunions using the g alumni database.
type of work
NodeJS – SailsJS, Angular JS, PostgreSQL, Rabbit MQ, Redis, AWS SNS, SES, iOS, Android
- A large educational institution was looking for a platform for the alumni members to collaborate.They had following requirements
- Alumni group members should be able to connect with other members using the platform
- Same Batch members should be able to find each other and get in touch with each other easily.
- The institute should be able to inform the alumni group about an upcoming fundraiser event.
- The members should be able to apply for Transcripts and other documents.
- The members should be able to post job opportunities.
- Institute should have ability to update latest news.
- Institute should be able to link member’s LinkedIn profile to each member.
- The educational institutions wanted to have this type of functionality either on app or website or both. The problem they face are:
- Expensive development costs.
- Finding the right development company within budget.
- Since everything has to be built from scratch this becomes a very time consuming process.
- Even if they make it then adding a new functionality down the line takes more money and time.
- The biggest issue they face is, even after doing all this, there’s no guarantee that the users will find it easy to use.
- So here the challenge is to make such a system where these educational institutions can come and create their own app especially for their alumni community with ease and which basically checks the following points:
- Should take less time to set up.
- Should be affordable.
- Should be easy to use for the Admin and the Alumni members.
- Should not require effort to maintain.
- Should be secure.
- Should look cutting edge.
- Infojini developed solution ‘Alumni Connect’ to address the requirement
- A subscription based service was developed which allows these educational institutions to create their own iOS and Android smart phone app.
- Even though subscription based, it’s not similar to LinkedIn where everyone download the same app from Apple app store or Google play store. Instead each institute gets their own app in which the name, the icon and the color theme is customized according according to the client.
- Upon signup, the client get’s an extremely easy to use CMS (Content Management System) using which they can create all the data base which can be accessed by the app users (alumni members).
- This CMS give a complete control of the content which goes on the app. For example, job postings can be monitored, RSVP for events can be monitored, etc. Since it’s made by Infojini Consulting, ease of use is guaranteed.