Do gig workers make sense for my business?
Gig workers offer benefits – stay longer, work harder & offer better ROI over co-located employees.
Businesses have understood the fact that in order to remain competitive, it is significant to embrace today’s flexible labor market, recruiting a mix of full-time, part-time and gig workers. Hence, the gig economy!
Gig workers are now and ever the big and huge chunk of the American workforce, with nearly 60 million people being a part of the gig economy. As projected by Statista, in 2027, 86.5 million people will be freelancing in the United States and will make up 50.9 percent of the total U.S. workforce.
The gigging world has offered numerous benefits to the independent workforce. According to the first State of Remote Work report for 2018, 90% of remote workers plan on working remotely for the rest of their careers.
While contingent workforce (or freelancer revolution, as it is commonly known as) has huge benefits for independent workers, the phenomenon immensely benefits businesses. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of the gig economy for employers.
- Improved customer experience: By investing in the gig economy, businesses can provide more authentic user experiences and in turn better user engagements. For instance, gig workers are highly motivated to resolve customer issues quickly, firstly because they are paid on the basis of how many queries/issues they’ve resolved, and secondly, to get good customer ratings that’ll impact their future gig.
- Wider Access: By embracing the gig economy businesses can gain access to a new and probably a wider market. To explain it further, giggers are typically not location confined, they can be located anywhere. In simple terms, they work remotely and generally depend on mobile devices to stay connected. They are mostly willing to travel distance to deliver a service. For instance, delivery boys of e-commerce brands. This gives businesses an opportunity to augment their customer/user-base and penetrate into the markets that they couldn’t earlier.
- Get more in less investment – One of the many significant benefits of gig economy is that it provides small businesses that opportunity to work as a large corporation without paying full-time salary and office overhead costs. Small or mid-size companies can try out highly-skilled workforce without hiring them on a full-time basis. This way businesses can compare talent and retain those high performing ones, for full-time work, if required. A temporary recruitment agency can hire can deal with the fluctuating need for the best resource of their client by delivering on-demand talent.
Will Gig Workers make sense for your business?
While there are ample benefit of gig economy to businesses, reduced cost and hiring time are two of the primary and most important benefits of this phenomenon. Gig economy is for all, small medium and large enterprises. During Christmas 2017, Amazon hired more than 120,000 (most of them were temporary), workers. In fact, a large number of other retailers too added gig workers during the peak seasons to help them fill orders. Even other U.S. retailers including Macy’s Inc and Kohl’s Corp has scaled up hiring seasonal workers to man their distribution centers that support online operations. Being able to call on workers during a significant increase in orders who already understand what’s needed is invaluable.
Gig economy can be an excellent choice for startups with less cash, where the company has to pay only for the work done, and not having to pay a fixed amount that is due every two weeks whether or not you have made sales.
If you are planning to go the gig way, look for a seasoned staffing company offering comprehensive temporary staffing services.
Looking for Temporary Staff?
REQUEST A QUOTE
Subscribe For Updates
- How Nurses Can Stay Healthy During Night Shifts – 4 Expert Tips
- 4 Ways to Make Your Hiring Practices Disability-Friendly!
- How Total Talent Management Can Impart Agility & Scalability to Your Firm?
- How to Create a CV that Passes the AI Bots with 100% Accuracy?
- 4 Channels that Offer Top Machine Learning Talent!
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016