Android and iOS App Development: Which To Launch First?
A business is always in a dilemma while launching an app; the question is, whether it should launch the app on one platform only or different platforms at the same time. Developing and launching an app on two platforms is a very complex process as the requirements on Android and iOS are totally different. In most of the cases, a business does not launch its mobile app on both the platforms simultaneously. There are various reasons behind it. Let us have a look at different factors that forces business to have an app launch on a single platform initially.
Reasons for Not Launching Mobile App on Different Platform at the Same Time
- Agile Development: Success of an app depends on how much the users will like the features present in the app. By launching the app on a single platform (Android mostly, as users are more) an app developer can understand the behavior of the app users. He can know what features a user likes and what features are being disliked. Based on the user’s experience, a better version of the app can be rolled out with an update. Once the app nears perfection, the app can be launched on the other platforms as well.
- Building Minimum Viable Product: In the initial stage of an app launch, the businesses prefer to introduce its app on a single platform with a minimum number of features, as the overall cost will be less. Upon receiving the user’s feedback, the business gradually introduces features into the app. Once the users are satisfied and accept the app, the business can infuse more funds and develop an app for other platforms.
- Demographics: While launching an app, a good study of the demographics of Android vs. iOS is required. Android is popular in developing nations and among people with lower income levels. Whereas, iOS is popular among people with high income and high education level. To sum up, Android has a larger user base globally. So companies prefer to first try and generate revenue by launching the app on Android platform and later move on to iOS platform.
- The Cost of Developing App: The cost of Android app development and iOS app development are different for the app developer. The programming language and UI guidelines are very different for both the platforms. This doubles the cost of app development for the app creator. Thus, businesses mostly develop app only for one platform initially to keep their cost low.
- Free App vs. Paid App: The pricing strategy of your app also plays a crucial role in determining the platform for your app. Android users have a tendency to use free apps whereas iOS users are generally higher income groups, so they are more likely to pay money for your app. So based on your pricing strategy for the app, you can determine on which platform you want to launch the app. Like, Instagram initially launched their paid app for iOS only in the form of Minimum Valuable Product (MVP) and later when they got big, they launched their app for Android platform.
- Software Release Cycle: The app maker makes the app for the latest versions of software for different platforms. Android is an open source platform, yet the adoption rate for the latest software is slow. On the other hand, iOS has better adoption rate for the latest software and most users have the latest version of iOS on their phones. When adoption rate to newer software is high, the app developers have the certainty of reaching a wider range of audience. Thus, the software release cycle must be taken into consideration during the selection of platform for app launch.
Infojini is reputed mobile app development company in Maryland that specializes in developing apps for both iOS and Android platforms. With our wealth of experience and highly qualified professionals, we make mobile apps that suit your business needs. We understand your business model and determine which platform is suitable for you to launch the app. We ensure that your business app reaches a wide number of users and help you grow your business. Contact us for further queries.
Subscribe For Updates
- Four Organizations that Teach Coding to Working Women!
- 4 Top-rated Programs for Training Veterans in Skilled Trades!
- How AI Can Supercharge Traditional Referral Programs for Diversity Hiring?
- How Targeted Referral Platforms Can Solve the Diversity Staffing Challenge?
- 4 Effective Strategies to Prepare a Pipeline of Passive Tech Talent!
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016